Ypsilanti, Michigan Weather
Civilian Weather Observation Program
| By: Jay Nugent - WB8TKL
|| - Main Menu -
|| Latest Webpage Update: October 26th, 2018
Whether it's Cold, or whether it's Hot. We will have Weather, whether or Not!
It ain't gonna rain no more no more. It ain't gonna rain no more!
Well how in the heck, will I wash my neck? If it ain't gonna rain no more?!?!
- CURRENT WEATHER:
- Current Ypsilanti Weather (real-time, direct from the instruments) (...coming someday, whenever...)
- Current Ypsilanti Weather - EW0985 (every 5 mins via APRS/CWOP)
- Current Ypsilanti Weather - KMIYPSIL10 (every 5 mins via Weather Underground)
- A really pretty fullscreen display from Weather Underground (Shockwave/Flash SWF)
- Weather Graphs for the past 24 Hours
- Weather Graphs for the past Week
- A few pics from NWS White Lake, Michigan
- BASIC WEATHER CONTROLLER:
- Argent Data Systems ADS-WS1 Weather Station for only $155
- Argent Data Systems ADS-WS1 Wiki
- Version 1.0 -- View source code of the weather.sh bash script
- Version 1.0 -- Download a copy of the weather.sh bash script.
- Version 2.0 -- Download a copy of a MUCH improved and faster version, contributed by KR6K (weather-2.kr6k-V2 - 15826 bytes)
- Version 2.1 -- Download a copy of KR6K's version with several of my own additions (weather-2.kr6k-V2.1 - 15909 bytes)
- SUPPORT HARDWARE:
- NWS Standards -- All of the construction designs below, considered the NWS Standards listed here
- Construction of my Weather Mast
- Construction of my Gill Box
- Digging the Trench to the weather mast - for power and data cables
- Terminating the Trench at the Junction Box
- Instruments inside the Gill box
- Tempurature/Humidity Aspirator
- FUTURE/ADDITIONAL INSTRUMENTATION:
- Sferic details...
- Solar Radiation...
- Geiger Counter...
- Bat House details...
- DESIGN STANDARDS:
- NWS Standards for the proper placement of weather instruments
- CWOP Program & Automated Weather Reporting:
- The Citizen Weather Observer Program - This is where I got my CWOP number (EW0985) and is where I send my weather reports at 5 minute intervals.
- NOAA Meteorological Assimilation Data Ingest System (MADIS)
- Meteorological Assimilation Data Ingest System - Data Quality checking is performed here and weather observation data is injested into the NOAA data sets.
- AUTOMATIC REPORTING TO WEATHER SERVICES:
- Cron Job entries that trigger automated reports every 5 minutes
- Bash script used to send weather data to APRS/NOAA
- Bash script used to send weather date to Weather Underground
These pages are maintained by:
Copyright © 2012-2018 John (Jay) Nugent - WB8TKL
All Rights Reserved. All other Copyrights and
Trademarks are property of their respective owners.
INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE
EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.